Affordable online marketing strategies are not something that can be covered on one short blog post. By nature, this subject encompasses a wide range of options which can only be determined based on your company goals. Instead we’ll present some ideas to inspire and perhaps motivation to begin.
First, for all business types it’s important to have a solid foundation in place for your website, social networks, SEO. Make sure your website is receiving ongoing maintenance to keep it updated and running smoothly. Each company needs their website developed in such a way to be unique, branded and fully optimized. Then, all social networks should be connected and integrated with your website.
Once you have a viable foundation in place, you can then begin identifying some affordable online marketing strategies that will work for you. There’s much to do so you’ll need to make a time commitment. Also, consistency is the key. Plan to dedicate the time needed to good content creation and doing the research needed to be effective.
List of Affordable Online Marketing Strategies
- It costs you nothing to set up a YouTube Channel and upload some informative or fun videos. Youtube creates an awesome online presence, all by itself!
- If going the SEO route, first make sure your website is properly structured and can be easily navigated by both humans and bots. If you go it on your own you won’t need to pay anyone but it is a time suck. Then, and if you do it wrong it can hurt more than help. Search for reliable training or read this start up guide before getting started.
- To save time, set up an automated “if this then that” sequences so, whenever you publish a post or page, it is automatically shared on your social networks. There are a ton of different automated events you can set up and when you add them together, a big time saver.
- If your site is powered by WordPress, get a free SEO plugin. Be sure to double check your SEO plugin configuration to make sure it’s properly setup.
- Set up a social media posting calendar and be sure to stay on track. Remember, to spend more time engaging with others as opposed always posting self serving content.
- Audit the websites of your online competitors and be sure to gather a list of their keywords to use as your own.
- If you’re a local business, start publishing bi-monthly posts directly on your Google Business page. Be sure to link back to your website.
All of the items listed above cost nothing, as long as you do them yourself. Yes, it takes some time to do all this. If you prefer to focus on your business, contact us to discuss outsourcing some of these tasks to us. As freelancers, our pricing is more affordable than if you paid an agency to do it for you.
Establishing an effective and strategic online presence presents many challenges. Many business owners prefer to outsource these tasks, but not all of us have the budget to allow it. Even so, for best results some actions, if not self performed you should still have a good enough understanding to provide proper direction. We have much more to share about all this, but let me leave you with this one bit of information.
Before Beginning any Online Marketing Strategies
Before you begin with any affordable online marketing strategies you’ll need certain safeguards in place.
Because I’ve seen websites mismanaged so often, I’m going to nag about this again. Make sure your site is always up to date and well cared for. If you want your marketing strategies to be successful, take proper care of your website. If you don’t have the time for this, you might be interested in our WordPress Website Management Service.
If you’re willing to spend the time to learn, you can self perform most of these low cost strategies. If you really want your website to be fully optimized, you’ll need to learn about SEO. Then, be sure to find out everything there is to know about securing, backing up and updating your site.
It does take some time to learn and perform the necessary actions, but in the end it’s worth it.
We currently offer a variety of affordable online business building resources. We also share useful tips containing valuable information for those willing to spend the time to learn. Let’s work together to improve your business as a team, without breaking the bank.